Willis A. Sutton Middle School has the distinction of being an International Baccalaureate® (IB) World School. We are part of the Middle Years Programme (MYP) that goes from 6th through 10th grades. All schools within the North Atlanta Cluster are IB schools:
Bolton Academy, Morris Brandon, Garden Hills, W. T. Jackson, E. Rivers, and Sarah Smith all offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP)
North Atlanta High School offers the MYP, the Diploma Programme (DP), and is currently in the authorization phase for the Career-related Programme (CP).
An IB education:
- focuses on learners
- develops effective approaches to teaching and learning
- works within global contexts
- explores significant content
The IB aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
It is the IB's goal to develop life-long and well-rounded learners who:
- are open-minded and optimistic when faced with challenges
- confident in their own identities
- make ethical decisions
- join with others in celebrating our common humanity
- are prepared to apply what they learn in real-world, complex, and unpredictable situations.
Please visit the additional side links for more information about the IB MYP and how this program supports and enhances your student's middle school experience.
© International Baccalaureate Organization 2014.