Our mission as school counselors is to provide a comprehensive, developmental school counseling program that will assist all students in acquiring the skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to become effective students, responsible citizens, productive workers and lifelong learners. The MJHS Counseling Program supports the school's academic mission by promoting and enhancing the learning process for all students through an integration of academic, career and personal/social development.
The program's ultimate goal is for all students to graduate with the competencies necessary to make self-directed, realistic and responsible decisions and to be successful contributors to society.
The MJHS Comprehensive School Counseling Program is based on the following beliefs:
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students can learn, grow, and achieve.
- Each child is unique and has his/her own developmental needs that impact learning.
- Each student has certain educational responsibilities and rights.
- The school counseling program serves all students.
- The school counseling program is comprehensive and systematically implemented.
- The school counseling program functions in collaboration with students, school staff, parents, guardians, and the community to ensure student success.