Required Documents

  • 1. Proof of birth (Your child must be four years old on or before September 1, 2024)  

    • Original certified birth certificate; or child’s passport (Copies of these documents are not accepted)

    2. Proof of legal guardianship (If applicable) 

    •    Only required if your name is not on the child's birth certificate 
    3. Parent/Guardian proof of identification
    • Valid state or government issued photo ID, such as a Georgia Driver’s license

    4. Proof of Parent/Guardian Georgia Residency 

    • Mortgage, deed or lease/rental agreement in your name, AND a Georgia Power bill in your name; (Cable and phone bills are not acceptable) Bills must be dated within 30 days of your enrollment date.

    **If you are living with someone, and you do not have a lease, mortgage or deed AND Georgia Power bill in your name, you must submit the following: 

      • A signed Declaration of Residency form
        • For a copy of the Declaration of Residency form, please CLICK HERE.  
      • A valid lease/mortgage statement or deed in the owners or primary renters' name
      • A Georgia Power Bill in the owners or primary renters name current within the last 30 days
      • Three forms of mail in the parents name showing the property address of the homeowner.  

    5. Child’s original Social Security Card OR “Waiver”

    •  If a waiver is needed, a downloadable copy will be available to you in the document upload section of the Pre-K application.

    6. Proof of income (for Pre-K sites with a Head Start partnership ONLY) Click the link below to see if the site(s) that you are interested in is a Head Start partnership site: If both parents live within the same household, proof of income is required for each parent.

    • W2, tax return, SSI income, child support, TANF, or a non-income declaration form
      • If you did not have any income for the previous year, a non-income declaration form will be provided to you.

    7. Child’s Peachcare card, Medicaid card, or health insurance card
    8. Proof of food stamps and/or TANF (If applicable)
    9. Immunization Certificate (Form 3231
    10. Vision, Hearing, and Dental Screening Certificate (Form 3300)
    *If you have questions, please contact the Office of Early Learning at 404-802-3640, or follow us on Twitter at APS_ OEL.