Parkside PTA Officers
- Holly Wilhelm --- PRESIDENT ::: email@example.com
- Mashunte Holmes --- VICE PRESIDENT ::: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Ampong--- SECRETARY ::: email@example.com
- Eddie Wilcox --- TREASURER ::: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nefertete Amonra --- PARENT/TEACHER LIAISON ::: email@example.com
Parkside is lucky to have an active Parent Teacher Association. Our main role is to build strong working relationships between parents and teachers in support of our students. Last year, we raised a significant amount of money for Parkside through our Fall Festival, monthly bake sales, annual Parkside Stride 5K Fun Run, book fairs, and other fundraisers. We use these funds to support great projects, like this year’s school supply purchase and general teacher needs.
We need you to be involved! Watch out for the date of our first PTA meeting, which will be announced through school newsletters and on our Facebook parent group. The meetings typically occur on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. Find out how you can get involved, including joining one of our committees and becoming a room parent.
Upcoming PTA Meeting Dates:
August-29-2019 (Thurs) - PTA meeting @ 5:30 PM
September-2019 - PTA meeting @ 5:30 PM
November-2019 - PTA Meeting- "Chili Night" @ 5:30 PM
January-2019 - PTA Meeting @ 5:30 PM
March-2019 - PTA Meeting @ 5:30 PM
April-2019 - PTA Meeting @ 5:30 PM
PTA Newsletters (The "Panda Press"):
- August-2018 Panda Press
- April-2018 Panda Press
- March-2018 Panda Press
- February-2018 Panda Press
- December-2017 Panda Press
- November-2017 Panda Press
- October-2017 Panda Press
PTA Event Dates:
PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
Screen on Green - September (TBA)
Fall Festival - October (TBA) at King @ 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Teacher Appreciation Breakfast - December (TBA) @ 7:15 AM
Family Dance - February (TBA) @ 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Parkside Stride 5K and 1M Fun Run - March (TBA) @ 8:00 AM
Scholastic book fair and teacher appreciation week - TBD
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO?
- Supports and organizes schoolwide events
- Provides a forum to discuss issues of importance to parents and teachers
- Provides the volunteers and the organization needed to support school projects
- Conducts fundraising for school activities
- Assists with special school projects development, landscaping or community outreach
HOW DO I JOIN THE PTA?
The PTA membership drive begins a few weeks after the new school year starts. Contact our school at 404.802.4100 for information regarding membership meetings, dues and activities.