Our Parkside Center for Literacy and Inquiry is easy to locate near the main entrance of our school (opposite the main office). Our mission is to promote a positive attitude about reading, to celebrate literacy, to foster a life-long love of reading, to encourage and support independent learning, and to help teachers and students locate and effectively use information.Our Parkside Center for Literacy and Inquiry operates on an "OPEN ACCESS” (flexible) schedule. All teachers are encouraged to sign their class up for collaboratively planned, lessons (with an integration of any Common Core Georgia Performance Standard and the AASL Standards for the 21st-Century Learner), to empower our learners with informational literacy skills.
Grade levels, classes, small groups, individual students, AND parents are able to visit the library and checkout resources, as needed, as often as necessary.HELP SUPPORT OUR LIBRARY:Resources:
- To develop the Pre-K-5 library library's collection with an array of high quality print, nonprint, and electronic information resources that support the adopted Atlanta Public Schools curriculum while reflecting the diversity of our students and community.
- To integrate learning activities across all content areas with library media center resources.
- To make connections among the learning community of students, parents, teachers, administrators, and the community.
- To create a community of lifelong learners who develop their expertise in accessing, evaluating, and using information to solve problems and satisfy their own curiosity.
- To provide access to intellectual and physical resources that will represent a wide range of subjects, levels of difficulty, and formats.