End of COVID-19 Surveillance Testing at Atlanta Public Schools (as of August 1, 2023)
For the 2023 – 2024 school year, COVID-19 rapid antigen surveillance testing will no longer be available at APS schools or buildings. This also means that APS staff will no longer be required to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing.
COVID-19 Self-Reporting and Isolation
Students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 should continue to isolate for 5 days from symptom onset or sample collection date.
Students and staff who test positive should submit a self-report form to alert their school/workplace of their positive results via the following links:
COVID-19 Over-the-counter (At-home) test kits will be available at APS schools and buildings as part of the Georgia ELC Reopening Schools Program
- Over-the-counter test kits are available to distribute to all APS schools.
- Test kits can be distributed to APS staff, students, and their families.
- Please ask your school nurse or designated person to request at-home test kits.
- Additional at-home test kits may be distributed in situations where clusters or increased cases are identified in a classroom or school setting.
- Expiration Dates: OTC Kits
- Expiration dates have been extended by the FDA for multiple OTC COVID-19 test-kits, included BinaxNOW. This extension was granted after continued product testing.
- To locate the new expiration date for your test kits,
- Locate the Lot # on your OTC covid-19 test kit.
- Click this LINK or scan this QR code
- Locate your lot # on the document. The new expiration date will be located to the right.
COVID-19 Community Testing Sites
Individuals may find alternative testing through their healthcare provider, pharmacies such as CVS and Walgreens, and urgent care.
No-Cost COVID-19 test sites can be found here: No-Cost COVID-19 Testing Locator (CDC Website)
These locations require insurance (private or state) or payment:
- Viral Solutions Drive-Thru Urgent Care: Drive-Thru Urgent Care
- Diagnostic testing available for COVID-19, RSV, Strep, and Flu. Other services also available.
- APS Care Centers: https://www.atlantapublicschools.us/Page/65939
- Diagnostic testing for respiratory illnesses may be available. Please call the center to check availability.