PARENT TEACHER ASSOCIATION
Every Atlanta Public School has a Parent Teacher Association (PTA) whose goal is to bring together the interests of the parents and the school to support student achievement. PTAs normally meet once a month. Through PTA initiatives and activities, parents work with the faculty to enhance the school environment and improve student achievement.
WHAT DOES THE PTA DO?
- Support and organize schoolwide events
- Provide a forum to discuss issues of importance to parents and teachers
- Provide the volunteers and the organization needed to support school projects
- Conduct fundraising for school activities
- Assist with special school projects development, landscaping or community outreach
HOW DO I JOIN THE PTA?
Contact your school for information regarding membership meetings, dues and activities.