- APS Newsroom Overview
- January 2023 News Releases and Media Clips
- January 2022 News Releases
- February 2022 News Releases
- March 2022 News Releases
- April 2022 News Releases
- May 2022 News Releases
- June 2022 News Releases
- July 2022 News Releases and Media Clips
- August 2022 News Releases and Media Clips
- September 2022 News Releases and Media Clips
- October 2022 News Releases and Media Clips
- November 2022 News Releases and Media Clips
- December 2022 News Releases and Media Clips
- January 2021 News Releases
- February 2021 News Releases
- March 2021 News Releases
- April 2021 News Releases
- May 2021 News Releases
- June 2021 News Releases
- July 2021 News Releases
- August 2021 News Releases
- September 2021 News Releases
- October 2021 News Releases
- November 2021 News Releases
- December 2021 News Releases
- January 2020 News Releases
- February 2020 News Releases
- March 2020 News Releases
- April 2020 News Releases
- May 2020 News Releases
- June 2020 News Releases
- July 2020 News Releases
- August 2020 News Releases
- September 2020 News Releases
- October 2020 News Releases
- November 2020 News Releases
- December 2020 News Releases
05.09 Weekly News Tip Sheet (Week of May 9, 2022)
ATLANTA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Office of Communications and Public Engagement
130 Trinity Avenue SW | Atlanta, Georgia 30303
Seth Coleman, Director of Media Relations & Television Broadcast
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 9, 2022
Atlanta Public Schools Weekly News Tip Sheet
(May 9 - 14)
Editors/Producers/Reporters: The following is a list of events, programs, accomplishments and/or initiatives occurring in Atlanta Public Schools (APS) this week. Please use it as a guide as you develop your coverage plans.
Members of the media are invited to attend all events on the Weekly APS News Tip Sheet. If you have an interest in these stories, please contact Seth Coleman, Media Relations Director. Thank you for your interest in Atlanta Public Schools!
(Tuesday & Thursday, 6 PM) APS to Host Two of Three Regional Budget Meetings this Week
This week, Atlanta Public Schools (APS) will host two of three regional budget meetings to garner feedback on the District’s proposed $974 million general fund budget for the 2022-2023 school year.
The first meeting will be held Tuesday, in-person, at Atlanta College and Career Academy (1090 Windsor Street, SW), at 6 p.m., in room 241. The second meeting will be held Thursday, in a virtual format. Information on this meeting may be found here on the APS website.
The third meeting will be held on Thursday, May 17, in-person, at Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School (545 Hill Street, SE).
The Atlanta Board of Education will take a final vote on the District’s budget on June 6.
# # #
About Atlanta Public Schools
Atlanta Public Schools is one of the largest school districts in the state of Georgia, serving approximately 50,000 students across 87 schools and five programs. The District is organized into nine K-12 clusters with 64 traditional schools, 19 charter schools, six partner schools, two alternative schools and five alternative programs. To learn more about Atlanta Public Schools, follow us on social media – Twitter (@apsupdate), Facebook (Atlanta Public Schools), and Instagram (apsupdate) – or visit us online at www.atlantapublicschools.us.