The APS Immunizations link is a method of sharing information to parents, students, staff, and communities about immunization requirements for school attendance in accordance with Official Code of Georgia O.C.G.A § 20-2-771. Stay abreast of immunization resources to ensure compliance for attending school and to help APS promote a healthy and safe environment for all APS students. Information is updated and aligned with the current recommendations of the Advisory of Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).
Certificates of Immunization are required by Georgia Law 20-2-771. All kindergarten, sixth and seventh grade students, all students new to Georgia and students coming from any private school must have the Georgia Certificate of Immunization 3231 form signed by a licensed health-care provider or the county health department. Click here for FULTON COUNTY HEALTH CENTERS or DEKALB COUNTY HEALTH CENTERS.
For students entering from out-of-state schools, please contact your local Health Department or a Georgia licensed physician to have immunizations transferred to the Georgia Immunization Certificate (Form 3231). You will need to have your immunization record from your state in order to transfer immunizations to Form 3231. All requirements apply to students transferring from out-of-state schools to Georgia schools.
*New entrants include anyone that is entering Georgia schools for the first time or is returning to a Georgia school after being gone for more than 12 months or one school year.
To be enrolled in APS, ALL certificates of immunization must be marked “Complete for Attendance” OR have a future expiration date. Expired certificates will not be accepted for enrollment.
KINDERGARTEN (Requirements for K-6)
- Four (4+) DTaP (# of Doses depends upon age given)
- Four (4+) IPV (# of Doses depends upon age given)
- Three (3) Hepatitis B
- Two (2) doses of Measles vaccine, Two (2) doses of Mumps vaccine, and One (1) dose of Rubella vaccine OR Two (2) doses of the combined MMR [OR Documented History of disease or Serology]
- Two (2) Hepatitis A [Hepatitis A (Required if born on or after 01/01/2006]
- Two (2) doses of Varicella vaccine [OR Documented History of disease or Serology]
Rising 7th Grade Immunization Requirements
Effective July 1, 2014, all 7th grade students who were born on or after January 1, 2002, and all new entrants to grades 8-12 who are entering into a Georgia school for the first time or entering after having been absent from a Georgia school for more than twelve months (one school year) will be required to have:
- 1 Dose of Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis) Vaccine (and)
- 1 Dose of Meningococcal Conjugate Vaccine
PLEASE NOTE: These changes only affect rising 7th graders (born on or after January 1, 2002), and students who are considered “new entrants” for grades 8-12.
New 11th Grade Immunization Requirements
Georgia's immunization requirements for students entering or transferring into the eleventh grade have been revised to align with the current recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).
Effective July 1, 2020, all students who are new entrants or transfers into a Georgia school in the eleventh grade, will require proof of a booster dose of the meningococcal conjugate vaccine, unless their first dose was received on or after their sixteenth birthday.
- Certificates must be signed by a physician licensed in GA or public health official. A stamp of a Physician’s signature is permissible when cosigned by an office staff member.
- Certificates must have a printed typed or stamped name and address of the physician, health department or Georgia Registry of Immunization Transactions and Services (GRITS) official issuing the certificate.
- Certificates must have a complete date of issue with the month, day and year.
Immunizations Resource Documents
- 7th Grade Immunizations Letter APS (ENG)
- 7th Grade Immunizations Letter APS (SPA)
- 11th Grade Immunizations Letter APS (ENG)
- 11th Grade Immunizations Letter APS (SPA)
- 11th Grade Vaccination MCV4 2020 Requirement
- Tdap Meningitis Parents Fact Sheet
- PVW Parent Flyer English & Spanish
- Religious Exemption Form 2208 - ENGLISH
- Religious Exemption Form 2208 - SPANISH
Valencia Beckley Hildreth, PhD, RN
Comprehensive Health Services Manager