Roles and Responsibilities of the Office of the Organizational Ombuds
What are some of the Key Roles Played by The Office of the Ombuds?
- Convene collaborative conversations and informal facilitation to address questions regarding district policies and procedural protocols.
- Field concerns from students, parents, employees, and stakeholders to develop solutions as an alternative to the formal complaint process.
- Provide resource referrals and make recommendations for collaboration and conflict resolution.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for discussion of stakeholder concerns and inquiries.
- Make recommendations to district stakeholders as necessary.
Roles Not Played by the Office of the Ombuds
- Providing legal advice or engagement in legal proceedings.
- Developing, amending, or establishing district policies.
- Advocating on behalf of stakeholders, parents, students, or employees.
- Handling employee grievances.
- Interfering or circumventing established district policies, procedures, or protocols.