VP of Fundraising Fabricio Moraes
The MES PTA traditionally raises funds for a variety of student enrichment (cultural arts performances, visiting authors & artists, and a Grants program), teacher support (classroom supplies, funding for specials), media center upgrades and technology enhancements including robotics.
While this is a different kind of year for our school, the PTA is committed to continued fundraising efforts in support of our Morningside students and the larger APS community. Some of the annual fundraising events that we look forward to will be adapted to fit our current virtual learning situation. Please stay tuned for information on our largest annual fundraiser, Boosterthon Dolphin Dash and our Spring Event.
Current Fundraising Initiatives:
Through our Dolphin Donors Program, families, staff, corporations, local businesses, and other friends of our community can help strengthen our school and provide great opportunities for all MES students. The PTA is incredibly grateful for the support of our 2020-2021 Dolphin Donors and offers multiple sponsorship levels with various year-round benefits. Learn more about the program or contact the Dolphin Donor Chair Jennifer Lieb if you’re interested in becoming a Dolphin Donor.
Every year, the MES PTA partners with various local restaurants through a popular Dine Out program. When dining at the restaurant, the family should let the waiter know that they are with MES and at the end of the week, the restaurant will provide a contribution to the school based on their sales. This year, due to COVID-19 restrictions, the restaurants will provide a take-out option for those families who are not comfortable going to a restaurant. For a schedule of Dine-Out, check out the MES calendar. Contact Dine Out Chair Kate Floyd if you have any questions about the program.
With the generosity of MES families and local businesses, the MES PTA was able to fund the following in the 2019-2020 school year:
- 21st Century Innovation including ozobot robots and ipads for specials teachers
- Restock and revamp the media center with the creativity of our media specialist, Mr. Rawls
- PE equipment including ninja course and Drumfit equipment
- SEL support tools
- Garden outdoor classroom instruction by the Wylde Center
- Scholarships for kids to participate in MES after school activities
- Grants to fund innovation by our MES teachers and students
- Cultural arts performances by organizations such as the Atlanta Opera
- Visiting authors including Pete the Cat author Eric Litwin
- Grocery support for MES families in immediate need at the onset of COVID-19