Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks
** NEW FOR 2019-2020 **
Atlanta Public Schools is now part of a Districtwide CEP (Community Eligibility Provision). See the APS letter to parents HERE in English, HERE in Spanish, and HERE in Chinese.
What does that mean for MES?
- Free breakfast and lunch every day for all MES students at both campuses.
- There is no longer an FEA Application.
- Students will only need funds to purchase second meals or À la carte items not part of a full meal.
- Second meals and À la carte items can only be purchased after the student has been served a meal at no cost.
- REFUNDS from My School Bucks accounts: Please complete THIS STUDENT REFUND REQUEST FORM and send it back to email@example.com
Please note that ALL adults must pay for all meals
Lunch: $5.00Breakfast: Breakfast is served daily in the café at Main Campus and in the Multipurpose Room at the Kindergarten Center.Lunch: Lunch is served daily in the café at Main Campus. Kindergarteners will have lunch in the Multipurpose Room at the Kindergarten Center. Times vary based on grade level and class schedules.
- Students are welcome to bring a packed lunch, although refrigeration and microwaves are not available.
- Parents may sign-in at the main office to eat lunch with their child in the cafe at any time, without prior teacher approval.
- Parents may eat with their own child either in the café with the rest of the class or at a table on our outdoor patio. No other students may join if parent elects to eat on the outside patio.
- Visit the APS Nutrition webpage for Online Menus for breakfast and lunch (bottom of the webpage). You can also sign up for monthly menus directly emailed to you.
Main Campus and Kindergarten Center: Nut Sensitive Campuses: To help ensure the safety of our friends with nut allergies, we ask that parents do not send snacks or lunches to school that contain nuts or nut products.Paying for a la carte Breakfast and Lunch items: Parents may make pre-payments to children’s individual meal account, through MySchoolBucks.
Please call APS Nutrition Customer Service 404-802-2540 with any questions.
- Log on to MySchoolBucks
- Sign up for an account
- Activate your account
- Log into your account
Menus: Check out the APS Nutrition website for menus and more. You can even sign up to have the monthly menu emailed to you.Healthy Snacks: All classrooms have a designated snack time daily. Your child should bring one healthy snack during the school day. Please refrain from sending candy or junk food to school.
- Students are given “lunch numbers” to use to buy food from their meal accounts. Students are expected to know their lunch numbers after the initial start of school.
- Cash may be given to the café staff as well, though they can't make change. Change will be applied to the student's account.