Breakfast, Lunch & Snacks
Breakfast: Breakfast is served daily in the café at Main Campus. The plan for the Kindergarten Center will be posted as soon as it is available.Lunch: Lunch is served daily in the café at Main Campus. The kindergarteners will have lunch in the Multipurpose Room at the Kindergarten Center. Times vary based on grade level and class schedules.
- Students are welcome to bring a packed lunch, although refrigeration and microwaves are not available.
- Parents may sign-in at the main office to eat lunch with their child in the cafe at any time, without prior teacher approval.
- Parents may eat with their own child either in the café with the rest of the class or at a table on our outdoor patio. No other students may join if parent elects to eat on the outside patio.
- Visit the APS Nutrition webpage for Online Menus for breakfast and lunch (bottom of the webpage). You can also sign up for monthly menus directly emailed to you.
Kindergarten Center: Nut Sensitive Campus To help ensure the safety of our friends with nut allergies, we ask that parents do not send snacks or lunches to school that contain nuts or nut products.Paying for Breakfast and Lunch: Parents may make pre-payments to children’s individual meal account, through MySchoolBucks. Please call APS Nutrition Customer Service 404-802-2540 with any questions.
- Log on to MySchoolBucks
- Sign up for an account
- Activate your account
- Log into your account
Menus: Check out the APS Nutrition website for menus and more. You can even sign up to have the monthly menu emailed to you.Free or Reduced-Price Meals: All students will be given a Federal Eligibility Application (FEA) at the start of the school year for free or reduced-price meals. You must complete one application for your household, listing all children attending APS on one application. All students should return the form regardless of their situation. Click HERE to fill out the online application.Healthy Snacks: All classrooms have a designated snack time daily. Your child should bring one healthy snack during the school day. Please refrain from sending candy or junk food to school.
- Students are given “lunch numbers” to use to buy food from their meal accounts. Students are expected to know their lunch numbers after the initial start of school.
- Students are responsible for remembering their lunch or lunch money, but if it is forgotten, the cafeteria will provide a meal. A note will be sent home if your child has charged a meal.
- Plain milk is available for purchase separately.
- Cash may be given to the café staff as well, though they can't make change. Change will be applied to the students account.