Family Science Night
Family Science night is a MES event that occurs once a year in which students attend 2-3 short presentations from STEAM professionals from varying fields. Can computers make music? Can kids be climate super heroes? How does Spot It work? What do farts look like?? Find out the answers to all of these questions and more at MES Family Science Night!
UPDATE: Student registration is open now, closing Sunday, January 20 at midnight
First: Review our Session Lineup and choose your top six favorites. This is the only place to view full session descriptions and presenter names.
Next: Register your family to attend one night, together.
You can explore our list of hands-on STE(A)M sessions and tell us the ones that interest you most. After registration closes, you’ll get a paper FSN 2019 ticket in your take-home folder to bring with you the night of the event, showing which sessions to attend.
See you at Family Science Night!
Family Science Night Needs:
Call for Presenters:
You've never seen science like this before! We have some great presenters scheduled for 2019, and we’re always looking for new ones for next year. MES parents are often some of our best and most passionate presenters!
- So you want to present, but what's it like? Get all the details here.
- We are finished scheduling presenters for 2019, but if you’re interested, let us know and we’ll contact you when we begin scheduling for next year.
- Contact our speaker coordinators, Donna Earley and Shannon Thibodeau, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about presenting.
If you are a professional scientist or a passionate hobbyist, please share your knowledge with our students by volunteering to be a presenter at Family Science Night. Please help us spread the word to others in the community who may be interested in presenting.
Here are a few new topics that we think would round out our list of presenters, but we're open to anything you can think of!
- Wearable computing
- Roller coaster engineer
- City planning
Recommendations or offers to present, contact: email@example.com
Became a Business Sponsors & Family Patrons:
Is your business or family interested in making an in-kind contribution (presenter, goods or services) or monetary donation to MES Family Science Night? Visit our Dolphin Donor page to learn more.
2019 Thank you Presenters & Sponsors
Check out all these presenters who are part of the MES Family! These parents of MES students or grads, and even MES grads themselves bring their diverse professional backgrounds to make Family Science Night an inspiring event!
Special thank you to the MES Family:
- Grady G3 Robotics Team
- Inman Robotics Team
- Stephanie Sherman, Dept of Human Genetics, Emory University
- Dan Margalit, GT School of Mathematics
- Loren Williams, Georgia Tech
- Jason Freeman, Georgia Tech School of Music
- Brooke Anthony, PhD, Ancient Access
- Stephanie Garcha& Dr. Iqbal Garcha
- Steve Glickauf, Forest Ecologist
- Kristen Holtz, KDH Research & Communication
- Reena Gupta & Dr. S, Ansley Eye Care
- Andrew Kobylivker, Southeast Permanente Medical Group; Emory University Hospital System
- Pegah Zamani, MorphoStudio, Kennesaw State University
- Kara Pepper, MD
- Wendy Little and Jeff Siegelman, MD
- H Paul Hatten Jr., Indian River Radiology Associates
- Kim Cobb & Emanuele Di Lorenzo, GT Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Jonathan Lyons
- Hang Lu, Georgia Tech
- Leslie Wolfe, Atlanta Orthotics
- Donna Earley, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Gregg & Max Brenner, The Neon Co
Thank you to these additional university organizations:
- Georgia Tech Society of Physics Students
- Georgia Tech Center for Chemical Evolution
- Georgia Tech, Computational Reactor Engineering
- Georgia State BioBus
- Georgia State Neuroscience Institute
- Emory University School of Medicine - Department of Animal Resources
- Emory University Astronomy Club
- Emory Dept of Chemistry
- Emory Neuroscience
- Emory University Pi Alpha Chemical Society
- Georgia Gwinnett College
And thank you to these community businesses:
2018/19 Dolphin Donors
We would like to thank all our Business Sponsors & Family Patrons.