Now Recruiting Family Science Night Presenters!
Wednesday, February 15th & Thursday, February 16th, 2023 - We're back in-person this year! More details on format to come!
The 2022 MES Family Science Night was a success! Thanks to all who participated!
Please reach out to the FSN Committee for links to last year's recorded sessions.
You've Never Seen Science Like This Before!
The MES Family Science Night event is a set of entertaining and informative science event hosted by volunteer professionals from the community. Family Science Night sessions are an opportunity for the entire family to have hands-on exposure to science together. We look forward to offering MES another fun experience of diverse scientific explorations to engage budding learners of all types!
To see the types of sessions that are included, you can take a look at our 2022 Session Line-up.
Registration is closed. But, have no fear! Presentations and demos will be recorded and made available for those who wish to experience the sessions but cannot make the live event. Please contact the FSN Committee for any questions.
Family Science Night Needs You!
We are now scheduling presenters for Family Science Night 2023, and MES parents are often some of our best and most passionate presenters!
If you are a professional scientist or passionate hobbyist, please share your knowledge with our students by volunteering to be a presenter at Family Science Night. And please help us spread the word to others in the community who may be interested in presenting.
- So you want to present - what's it like? Get all the details here.
- To get a feel for the types of sessions we've had in the past, take a peek at Last Year's Session Lineup.
Here are a few new topics that we think would round out our list of presenters, but we're open to anything you can think of!
- Wearable computing
- Software developer
- Forensic scientist
- Engineering/Design/3D Printing
If you have questions, recommendations, or are interested in presenting, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to offering MES another fun night of diverse science topics to engage our budding learners!
Sign Up to Volunteer!
Volunteers are a key part of ensuring this event runs smoothly and is a wonderful experience. Please consider signing up to be a virtual host for a session or if you would like to volunteer in a different capacity, please reach out to the FSN Committee.
Become a Business Sponsor & Family Patron
Is your business or family interested in making an in-kind contribution (presenter, goods, or services) or monetary donation to MES Family Science Night? Contact us at email@example.com or visit our Digital Dolphin page to learn more.
Thank you 2021/22 Presenters & Sponsors
Special thank you to MES Family & Friends:
- Dr. Hang Lu, Georgia Tech School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Dr. Stephanie Sherman, Department of Human Genetics at Emory University
- Michelle Spady, Children’s Healthcare Of Atlanta (CHOA)
- Ece Erdogmus, Georgia Tech School of Building Construction
- Dr. David Hu, Georgia Tech School of Engineering
- Jonathan Low, 2U and Georgia Tech
- Dr. Melissa Kemp, Wallace H. Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech
- Dr. Charlie Kemp, Georgia Tech University and Hello Robot, Inc.
- Dr. David Schweidel, Goizueta Business School at Emory University
- Dr. Emily Allen, Emory University School of Medicine
- Dr. Elaissa Hardy, Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Tech University
- Rory McNaughton, WarnerMedia
Thank you to these additional university organizations:
- Emory University Astrology Club
- ChEmory, Undergraduate ACS Chemistry Club at Emory University
- Women in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech University
And thank you to these community businesses:
- Blue Heron Nature Preserve
- Morningside Pediatric Dentistry
- Museum of Design Atlanta (MODA)
- Chattahoochee Nature Center
2021/22 Dolphin Donors
We would like to thank all our Business Sponsors & Family Patrons.