Register Now for Family Science Night!
Registration is Now Open!
Family Science Night is an evening of entertaining and informative science sessions hosted by volunteer professionals in the community. Family Science Night sessions provide the entire family with hands-on exposure to science. We encourage all students (and their parents, caregivers, siblings) to attend! We look forward to offering MES another fun night of diverse scientific explorations to engage budding learners of all types!
Review our 2020 Session Line-up before you register here: https://tinyurl.com/2020FSN-SessionSummary
To sign up and receive your ticket to attend Family Science Night, click here: https://tinyurl.com/2020FSN-StudentRegistration
You can explore our list of hands-on STE(A)M sessions and tell us the ones that interest you most. After registration closes, you’ll get a paper ticket in your take-home folder to bring with you the night of the event, showing you which sessions to attend.
Registration closes January 21st at midnight.
New This Year!
Spectacular Science Showcase
To get everyone energized about everything science, we'll kick things off with a larger Spectacular Science Showcase in the auditorium featuring Jeff Knight and the Professor STEM Science Show.
Each family then attends three 20-minute, hands-on sessions, exposing family members to a deep-dive into various scientific topics. The whole event will still run from 6-8 PM each evening.
Onsite Dinner Option Provided by Chef's Menu
Take the scramble out of the evening, and pre-order dinner for your family from Chef's Menu! Dinner will be served in the cafeteria from 5:30-6:00 PM. Please enjoy your dinner in the cafeteria as food is not permitted in the breakout classrooms. No exceptions.
$8 per adult plate, $6 per kid plate. Orders must be placed by Saturday, February 8th.
To order, visit https://tinyurl.com/2020FSN-DinnerOrderForm
Questions, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Business Sponsors & Family Patron
Is your business or family interested in making an in-kind contribution (presenter, goods or services) or monetary donation to MES Family Science Night? Contact us at email@example.com or visit our Dolphin Donor page to learn more.
PTA Family Science Night Chairs: Donna Earley & Maria Lyons
PTA Family Science Night Speaker Coordinators: Shannon Thibodeau & Tatiana Nemo
More about Family Science Night
Family Science Night is an enrichment event held in February every year from 6-8 PM. It is a two-night event with age-appropriate content for grades K-2, held this year on Tuesday, Feb 11, 2020 and grades 3-5 on Thursday, Feb 13, 2020. Each evening consists of about 18-22 hands-on science presentations given by STEAM professionals and amateur enthusiasts in the community. Each family is able to attend 2-3 sessions of their choosing.
What makes a video game controller work? Can kids be climate superheroes? How does Spot It work? Find out the answers to all of these questions and more at MES Family Science Night!
Thank you 2019/20 Presenters & Sponsors
Check out all these presenters who are part of the MES Family! These parents of MES students or grads, and even MES grads themselves bring their diverse professional backgrounds to make Family Science Night an inspiring event!
Special thank you to the MES Family:
- Inman Gearbox Gang – VEX Robotics Team
- Dan Margalit, Georgia Tech School of Mathematics
- Loren Williams, Georgia Tech School of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Flora Brooke Anthony, PhD, Ancient Access
- Stephanie Garcha & Iqbal Garcha
- Steve Glickauf, Forest Ecologist
- Kristen Holtz, KDH Research & Communication
- Andrew Kobylivker, Southeast Permanente Medical Group; Emory University Hospital System
- Pegah Zamani, MorphoStudio, Kennesaw State University
- Wendy Little and Jeff Siegelman, MD
- Kim Cobb & Emanuele Di Lorenzo, GT Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Hang Lu, Georgia Tech School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Donna Earley, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Jay McCracken, Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
- Nichole Hollis, Georgia Commute Schools
- Aimee Smith, Delta Air Lines
Thank you to these additional university organizations:
- Georgia Tech Society of Physics Students
- Georgia State BioBus
- Emory University Astronomy Club
- Emory University Genetics
- Emory Dept of Chemistry
- Emory University Pi Alpha Chemical Society
And thank you to these community businesses:
- Morningside Pediatric Dentistry
- Code Ninjas
- Children’s Orthopaedics of Atlanta
- Chattahoochee Nature Center
- The Alpha Team K9 Search & Rescue
- Blue Heron Nature Preserve
- Fernbank Museum
- Learning Ridge and STEM Velocity
- Blueprint Camp, LLC
- Robert M. Cain Architect
- Brookhaven Children’s Dentistry
- Think First
- Special thanks to Chef’s Menu for keeping our presenters and families well fed!
2019/20 Dolphin Donors
We would like to thank all our Business Sponsors & Family Patrons.