Now Recruiting Family Science Night Presenters!
Volunteer to Present
You've never seen science like this before! We are now scheduling presenters for Family Science Night 2020, and MES parents are often some of our best and most passionate presenters! If you are a professional scientist or a passionate hobbyist, please share your knowledge with our students by volunteering to be a presenter at Family Science Night. And please help us spread the word to others in the community who may be interested in presenting.
- So you want to present, but what's it like? Get all the details here.
- To get a feel for the types of sessions we've had in the past, take a peek at Last Year's Session Lineup.
Here are a few new topics that we think would round out our list of presenters, but we're open to anything you can think of!
- Wearable computing
- Software developer
- Forensic scientist
- Engineering/Design/ 3D Printing Genealogy
Questions, recommendations or offers to present, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to offering MES another fun night of diverse scientific topics to engage our budding learners!
PTA Family Science Night Speaker Coordinators
PTA Family Science Night Chairs
Become a Business Sponsors & Family Patron
Is your business or family interested in making an in-kind contribution (presenter, goods or services) or monetary donation to MES Family Science Night? Contact us at email@example.com or visit our Dolphin Donor page to learn more.
PTA Family Science Night Chairs: Donna Earley & Maria Lyons
PTA Family Science Night Speaker Coordinators: Shannon Thibodeau & Tatiana Nemo
More about Family Science Night
Family Science Night is an enrichment event held in February every year from 6-8 PM. It is a two-night event with age-appropriate content for grades K-2, held this year on Tuesday, Feb 11, 2020 and grades 3-5 on Thursday, Feb 13, 2020. Each evening consists of about 18-22 hands-on science presentations given by STEAM professionals and amateur enthusiasts in the community. Each family is able to attend 2-3 sessions of their choosing.
Can computers make music? Can kids be climate superheroes? How does Spot It work? What do farts look like? Find out the answers to all of these questions and more at MES Family Science Night!
Review our Last Year's Session Lineup.
Thank you 2018-19 Presenters & Sponsors
Check out all these presenters who are part of the MES Family! These parents of MES students or grads, and even MES grads themselves bring their diverse professional backgrounds to make Family Science Night an inspiring event!
Special thank you to the MES Family:
- Grady G3 Robotics Team
- Inman Robotics Team
- Stephanie Sherman, Dept of Human Genetics, Emory University
- Dan Margalit, GT School of Mathematics
- Loren Williams, Georgia Tech
- Jason Freeman, Georgia Tech School of Music
- Brooke Anthony, PhD, Ancient Access
- Stephanie Garcha& Iqbal Garcha
- Steve Glickauf, Forest Ecologist
- Kristen Holtz, KDH Research & Communication
- Reena Gupta & Dr. S, Ansley Eye Care
- Andrew Kobylivker, Southeast Permanente Medical Group; Emory University Hospital System
- Pegah Zamani, MorphoStudio, Kennesaw State University
- Kara Pepper, MD
- Wendy Little and Jeff Siegelman, MD
- H Paul Hatten Jr., Indian River Radiology Associates
- Kim Cobb & Emanuele Di Lorenzo, GT Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Jonathan Lyons, Fullstory
- Hang Lu, Georgia Tech
- Leslie Wolfe, Atlanta Orthotics
- Donna Earley, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Gregg & Max Brenner, The Neon Co
Thank you to these additional university organizations:
- Georgia Tech Society of Physics Students
- Georgia Tech Center for Chemical Evolution
- Georgia Tech, Computational Reactor Engineering
- Georgia State BioBus
- Georgia State Neuroscience Institute
- Emory University School of Medicine - Department of Animal Resources
- Emory University Astronomy Club
- Emory Dept of Chemistry
- Emory Neuroscience
- Emory University Pi Alpha Chemical Society
- Georgia Gwinnett College
And thank you to these community businesses:
- Ansley Eye Care
- Morningside Pediatric Dentistry
- Children’s Orthopaedics of Atlanta
- The Alpha Team K9 Search & Rescue
- Learning Ridge
- Brookhaven Children’s Dentistry
- Atlanta Rescue Dog Cafe
- Special thanks to Chef’s Menu for keeping our presenters well fed!
2018/19 Dolphin Donors
We would like to thank all our Business Sponsors & Family Patrons.