Cultural Events at MES
The diversity within and around MES is one of our greatest strengths, and we love to celebrate it! Throughout the year, our PTA Enrichment committee works with classroom teachers and the school administration to host events like guest speakers and performances that highlight different cultures for our students and complement classroom curricula. We anticipate hosting several cultural events for students during school hours throughout the 2023-2024 school year. Swim back soon to learn more about our upcoming events!
MES International Festival
As our first cultural event of the 2023-2024 school year, the MES PTA is excited to bring back the International Festival in late September! The MES International Fest will be a chance to celebrate the cultural diversity in our school and community. The event will take families on a journey around the world - an experience made up of food, traditions, and live performances from different countries represented in the MES community!
The MES International Festival will be held on the MES campus on Saturday, September 30th from 11am - 2pm. Please swim back soon for additional details!
Volunteer at the International Festival
There are several ways to help with this year's International Festival:
- Event Set-Up and/or Breakdown
- General event volunteer to fill in where needed or at underrepresented tables
- Volunteer by Country in one of the following roles (please indicate your preferred role during sign-up):
- 1-2 Table Leads per table (learn more about what this entails on the graphic below!)
- Up to 6 Table Volunteers per table
- Unlimited number of Table Supporters, who are people who are unable to volunteer during the event but want to support by donating, providing artifacts, and more
If you are interested in helping out, please click the button below. Specific volunteer times related to set up will be determined once we know how many tables we have. Breakdown will be immediately following the event.
NOTE: There will be a volunteers' meeting at 8am on Friday, September 8th. Please make every effort to attend! Please email Shraddha Strennen if you'd like to volunteer but cannot attend this meeting.
We can only have tables for the countries that have volunteers, so please help us out! We would love to have all of the countries from our recent survey represented!
For more information, please contact the International Festival Chair, Shraddha Strennen.