MES Arts Showcase
Morningside Making WAVES
Writing Acting Visual Arts Entertainment Showcase
April 24, 2022, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
MES is creating an Outdoor Art Festival on April 24th from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. to showcase the talent at our school.
Are you an Artist? Performer? Musician? Author? MES NEEDS YOU!!!It is your choice of submission:
Submit Your Art/Act
- Logo for the Showcase
- Piece of Art (2D and 3D welcome!)
- Written Poem/Spoken Word/Short Story
- Video (music/animation/act/sing/dance/show your talent!)
- Or audition to perform live on our outdoor stage
- Create a masterpiece
- Write your piece
- Film your unique talent
- Complete this SUBMISSION FORM
Perform Your Act
- Practice your act to perform live
- Complete the AUDITION FORM
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- All submissions of art and writing must be turned into the box in the main office by Friday, April 1st.
- Videos submitted must be delivered to school (flash drive welcome) or emailed to Brooke.email@example.com by Friday, March 11th.
- All Zoom auditions for LIVE performances will take place on Thursday, March 3rd or Friday, March 4th.
- There will be two afterschool rehearsals for live performances: one the week of April 11th and a Dress Rehearsal Friday, April 22nd on our outdoor performance space.
- The Live Performance Showcase will be on Sunday, April 24th, from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!We need volunteers to help on the following committees:
- Festival Managers - Help create the space for performance, stage and video setup, tech support, art displays, and ushering of audience
- Stage Managers - Help keep the kids on time, prepared and ready to take the stage
- Written Word - Help create the program that will include the performance order and acts along with choosing, editing, formatting writing from students and staff, and publishing the booklet
- Art Exhibit - Help to create an outdoor display of the art submitted by students
- Video - Help to edit the screen displays of prerecorded performances. Compile all performances and slides for Showcase. Videotape rehearsals in case of inclement weather.
- Judges - Attend Zoom auditions and provide constructive criticism for our aspiring acts.
Please email Brooke Linefsky if interested.