WHAT IS SWAG? The Sustainability, Wellness, and Garden Committee ("SWAG") consists of three teams that jointly deliver programming to help MES students and faculty build personal and community practices that are healthy for themselves and for their environment.
Volunteer for SWAG: There are many ways you can help out your school’s SWAG team! We have volunteer opportunities for everyone-- hands-on garden tasks, spring and fall smoothie days, classroom enrichment lessons and garden tastings just to name a few. We welcome parental involvement and will help match you with a opportunity that suits your interests and availability.
- Sustainability: focuses on practices that reduce our use of non-renewable environmental resources and increase the overall health of the Earth.
- Wellness: provides students, staff, and caregivers opportunities to lead healthier lifestyles through increased physical activity and healthy eating.
- Garden: enhances MES curriculum with hands-on life science and ecology experiences that expand students' knowledge of food systems and encourage healthy food choices.
Community Dine-outs Support MES Garden Program: Two of our biggest dine out partners are Doc Chey’s Morningside and Osteria 832. They donate 25% of their proceeds for any MES supporter who dines in or gets take out for an entire selected week! Look out for date announcements soon. Be sure to mention you are dining for MES so our school can get credit.Be sure to watch out for these and other dine-outs in the upcoming school year.
- PTA Contact: Joanna Kobylivker
- PTA Contact: TBD
Join our CSA! Our SWAG team has partnered with Fresh Harvest CSA to bring local, organically grown food right to your doorstep. Pick a basket and start eating healthier with your family today! Sizes range from mini to family and you can add produce, eggs, milk, honey and even yummy pastries as you would like to. The baskets can be delivered weekly or bi-weekly and can be put on hold easily if you are traveling. Put Morningside Elementary as your referral and we get 5% of the proceeds for every basket sold to help support our school garden.Be sure to watch out for these and other dine-outs in the upcoming school year.
- PTA Contact: Sandra Adams