2022 Literati Book Fair
Supporting a love for reading is critical to student success. In 2022-2023, we are excited to partner with Literati for the return of an In Person Book Fair! There will be hundreds of titles to engage our avid readers and inspire our emerging readers - picture books to leveled readers, chapter books to graphic novels, and of course, all the current best sellers!
From September 19 - 23, the MES Library will be transformed into an In Person Book Fair. Students will visit the book fair during school hours. The book fair will also be open one afternoon/evening during the week for family shopping.
When to Shop
There will be several opportunities for parents and students to shop during Book Fair week!
- During school hours on September 19-22: Students will visit the Book Fair during their Browse & Buy days (schedule coming soon!). Families are welcome to join their students during their scheduled Browse & Buy days or can shop anytime during the day without their student. Please check into the main office FIRST before proceeding to the Book Fair location in the MES @ Inman Library.
- Outside school hours: There will be two windows designated for shopping the Book Fair.
- Thursday, September 22 from 2:45 - 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 23 from 7:15 - 7:45 a.m.
- Friday, September 23 is open shopping until noon. Families are welcome to shop without their students. Students may shop with teacher permission.
- Simultaneously, an EBook Fair will be open until September 23, 2022. Anything purchased from the EBook Fair will be shipped to the school the week after the Book Fair and delivered to students in their classroom.
Here are some ways that you can increase your support for our students and teachers via the Book Fair:
- Teacher Classroom Libraries: Don't forget to visit the Teacher Book Bins at the fair! These bins will be full of book titles selected by each teacher that will enhance their classroom library. Consider purchasing a book from a bin and donating it to a classroom.
- Keep the Change: Consider making a cash donation at the register during check out to help purchase books from the Teachers Book Bins.
- Donate Outgrown Books: New this year! Make room on your shelves for new books by donating ones that your family has outgrown! Children Read Atlanta is a 501c3 that collects and repairs new and used books for children and then distributes them to kids in PreK classrooms of Title 1 Atlanta Public Schools and DeKalb County schools, as well as those in Head Start, Sheltering Arms, and other early learning programs serving lower income families. Drop books in the box set up at the Book Fair. Books needed for children ages 0-5 include: picture books, story books, baby/board books, alphabet, number, shape, and rhyming books. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Marla Johnson.
We need your help to run the Book Fair! We are looking for volunteers to help students find books and check out. On September 8th, a SignUp Genius to volunteer will be open in Membership Toolkit, under the Volunteer Tab.
Purchases at the Book Fair can be made in three ways:
- Gift cards, which can be purchased simultaneously from the EBook Fair, printed out, and brought to school. Any remaining balance on the gift card can be redeemed at Literati's website, but cannot be refunded.
- Major credit cards
- Checks - Please make checks out to MES PTA; no change can be given from a check
Vouchers are available for students who may need assistance purchasing books. The voucher distribution process will be coordinated through Mr. LaSalle, the school social worker. Students who are interested in receiving a voucher should contact Mr. LaSalle for more information about the voucher process. Teachers who would like to obtain vouchers on behalf of certain students should also reach out to Mr. LaSalle.
Browse & Buy Schedule
Below, you can find the dates and times for each homeroom teacher's Browse time and Buy time. Each class will visit the Book Fair twice during Book Fair week.
Book Fair Dates:
September 19 - 23, 2022
MES @ Inman Library
Proceeds from the 2022 Book Fair support the MES Media Center