Boosterthon Dolphin Dash
The annual MES Dolphin Dash is the PTA’s number one fundraising activity and we have been hugely successful in recent years in raising funds to support all of our Fundraising Initiatives. Our most recent event in 2019 raised over $125,000 from our generous supporters!
For the 2021/22 school year, our goal is to raise $80,000 for all of the amazing programming we have planned for our students and staff. This includes:
- Community Building – Outreach support to our families in need, community-building programs (i.e. No Place for Hate, Halloween Carnival), community service initiatives
- Student Enrichment – Events such as Family Science Night, Variety Show and Book Fairs
- Teacher Support - Classroom supplies and books, teacher appreciation lunches, morale boosting tokens of appreciation, funding for Specials (e.g. musical instruments, P.E. equipment, art supplies, library books) and funding for Support Staff (e.g. SEL kits, Intervention materials, Fluency Matters books for ESOL)
- Wellness Promotion – Recess bags for every class to add fun to their field time, provide rewarding Field Day for all students
- Technology Innovation – Grant funding available to any teacher or student with an innovative idea, equipment for efficient dismissal procedures.
For an introduction to new families and a refresher for all others, please check out this quick video on Boosterthon to understand how the program works and what the next few weeks will entail.
We have partnered again with Booster, who will bring their energy and spirit to MES to run a 7-day character building program themed 'Sports City Worldwide', which promotes the importance of curiosity, confidence, humility, practice, and endurance.
The program will kick-off with a virtual Pep Rally on Monday, September 27. After the Pep Rally, family and friends anywhere in the world can support our school by giving pledges toward the number of laps or fitness challenges your students will complete on the day of the Dolphin Dash – Tuesday, October 5.
How to Register and Help Raise Funds for MES
Registration opens on 9/20! Learn more by watching this 90-second video. The ‘Parent/Caregiver Action Steps’ during the program are simple:
- Please register your student(s) on FUNRUN.COM by 9/27 (student Pep Rally day)
- Reach out to sponsors (family and friends anywhere in the world) by sharing your pledge link. All pledges and payments are made online.*
- Cheer on your student at the FUN RUN Event Day on 10/5 – all parents welcome to join.
Key Dates and Timing
- Registration: September 20-27, 2021
- Ongoing Pleading/Donations: September 20 - October 4, 2021
- Pep Rally: September 27, 2021 (students only)
- Fun Run: October 5, 2021 (parents welcome to join)
- Run schedule per grade will be announced soon
We need volunteers to help us throughout the entire day. Please join us for this fun, energetic, and exciting event!
- A volunteer sign-up for Boosterthon is live in Membership Toolkit. A detailed sign-up will also be available shortly for specific time slots related to the Boosterthon event.
A few things will be different this year:
- Pep Rally and Team Meetings will be virtual as the Booster team has limited access to the building. The team will interact with students during outside recess.
- There will be two simultaneous tracks per grade level to provide ample space for runners to social distance.
- Masks will be optional for students as well as adults watching the event. For parents who wish for their children to wear a mask, please remind your child in the morning to keep their masks on during the race. While masks are not required outdoors per APS’s guidelines, the PTA strongly recommends that all adults wear masks during the event.
- To avoid bottlenecking and congregation, no laps will be recorded. All runners will be pre-set in the system for 35 laps (average for previous years).
- Students will be asked to bring their own water bottles. The Booster team will designate space for each class to keep their water bottles.
We're counting on your support to help fund all the great programming we have planned for our students and staff this year. We look forward to a fantastic Boosterthon!Boosterthon Dolphin Dash Chair: Fabricio Moraes