Boosterthon Dolphin Dash
The annual MES Dolphin Dash is the PTA’s number one fundraising activity and we have been hugely successful in recent years in raising funds to support all of our Fundraising Initiatives.
Last year our incredible school community raised $102,500 through this single event, and this money was used to power more than 70% of the initiatives the PTA funded, such as:
- Student Enrichment - Cultural arts performances, visiting authors & artists, funding for enrichment events (e.g. Family Science Night)
- Teacher Support- Classroom supplies and books, teacher appreciation lunches, extra funding for Specials (e.g. musical instruments, P.E. equipment, art supplies)
- Media Center Upgrades- New books and displays, chromebooks/games/robotics
- SWAG- Garden and wellness programs for all students
- Technology Enhancements- Lobbyguard systems for front office, partnering with MES Foundation for 21st Century learning tools
What’s our goal at MES this year?
Our goal this year is to raise $105,000 to support PTA-powered initiatives and programs.
How does the program work?
For an introduction to new families and a refresher for all others, please check out this fun two minute ‘2019 Welcome’ video to understand how the program works and what the next few weeks will entail: https://vimeo.com/342370792/f0b976288a
We have partnered again this year with Booster who will bring their energy and spirit to MES to run a 2-week long character building program themed ‘Mind Spark Wild West’ which promotes leadership, character, and physical fitness.
The program will kick-off with the Pep Rally on Tuesday September 17. After the Pep Rally, family and friends anywhere in the world can support our school by giving pledges toward the number of laps or fitness challenges your students will complete on the day of the Dolphin Dash – Friday September 27.
Once again, the Dolphin Dash also comes with a world-class character theme. This year’s theme is MINDSPARK: WILD WEST, combining S.T.E.A.M. skills (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) with character-building. While your student(s) team up with the MindSpark Kids to save Dr. Shock, they will learn five character traits that will help strengthen themselves and our world.
What do MES families need to do to ensure we run a successful program?
The ‘Parent/Caregiver Action Steps’ during the program are simple:
- PLEDGING IS OPEN – please register your student(s) on FUNRUN.COM by 9/17 (student Pep Rally day)
- Reach out to sponsors by sharing your pledge link.
- All pledges and payments are made online.*
- Cheer on your student at the FUN RUN Event Day on 9/27 – all parents welcome to join.
Key dates and timing:
- Pep Rally: September 17, 2019
- Fun Run: September 27, 2019 (parents welcome to join)
- 5th grade: 8:10am - 8:55am
- 1st grade: 9:00 am - 9:45am
- Kindergarten: 10:00am - 10:45am
- 2nd grade: 10:55am - 11:40am
- 4th grade: 11:50am - 12:35pm
- 3rd grade: 12:45pm - 1:30pm
A volunteer sign-up for the ‘Dolphin Dash’ Fun Run (Friday 27th Sept) is now LIVE in Membership Toolkit. We need volunteers to help us throughout the entire day to ensure the ‘Dolphin Dash’ is big success. Please join us and have fun volunteering at this fun, energetic, and exciting event!
Boosterthon Dolphin Dash Chair: Sally Carroll
* Online ‘Run & Done Collections’
- EASY for everyone! Sponsors pledge and pay online, saving our volunteers 50+ hours and helping our school collect more pledges faster.
- Sponsors can either make a pledge per lap or a flat donation. If they make a pledge per lap, their credit card is charged after the Event.
- Cash and check payments are still accepted. Must be turned in according to school policy. Your student will still get credit for the pledge or donation.