Buses at Main Campus
- Visit the Bus Stop Locator website to help identify which bus number is assigned to your address.
- Transportation Changes: APS periodically updates the bus routes to better serve students - please check your route weekly to see if there are any changes that affect you.
- Check eligibility bus rider locations, & schedules at APS Transportation Website or call 404-802-5500.
- To inquire about bus delays, please check APS Bus Delays or call the main office. Families with students who ride the bus may join Bus Specific 'Remind' Groups. See more information below.
- Eligible new riders should complete the APS New Student Bus Rider Form & submit it to MES.
- Students are allowed to ride only the bus assigned to their home address, to and from school. It is not permissible to ride home with a friend to another address.
- Bus drivers assess ridership numbers at each stop for the first few weeks of school. Bus routes are updated each Friday and updates will take affect the following Monday. Please check your student's bus route weekly for updates.
- Pick-up & drop-off times are approximate, as they are affected by traffic patterns, weather & ridership.
- Bus riders are expected to obey the rules of safe conduct, enforced by the driver.
- Please read the APS Bus Conduct and Safety Standards and view the APS Bus Safety Video.
- Email APS Transportation with any concerns or questions.
MES Bus 'Remind' Group Messages
Please call the Main Office to receive instructions for opting in to your bus specific text information. MES families with bus riders may join their MES Bus 'Remind' Group. Administrators at MES will use Remind to send one-way messages as text messages/emails. These messages have the ability to be translated in 70 languages. In addition, messages keep individual phone numbers private.MES Administrators will send messages regarding:
- bus delays
- bus number changes
- bus route updates
- substitute bus drivers
How do I Sign Up? Visit 'Remind' on your desktop or or via mobile device and create an account to get connected with your MES Bus Remind Groups.
- 'Enter Class Code': During your sign up process the 'Remind' software will ask you to "Enter Class Code" (Join a Class). This is your MES Bus 'Remind' Group Code. Families will receive their assigned MES Bus 'Remind' Group Code at Meet & Greet (Tuesday, July 31) or the first day of school (Wednesday, August 1).
- 'Enter Class Code' = MES Bus 'Remind' Group Code
- If you do not have a code please contact the front office.
MES Administrator: Brian Baron | School Business Manager | Main Campus & Kindergarten Center
PTA Bus Chair: Kerry Weinheimer