Transportation and Arrival / Dismissal
While the decision about when to reopen school buildings rests solely with APS, MES has some autonomy with what the implementation will look like at our school.
Key Transportation Protocols
- Temperature screenings conducted with touchless thermometers before each child and adult enters the school building
- Bus Riders - See bus numbers and bus routes HERE
- Everyone on the bus will be required to wear a mask but there should not be an expectation for social distancing on the bus.
- Students may only ride their bus home to their assigned stops.
- Carpoolers will not have their doors opened by school staff in the carpool lane
We will be utilizing a new app called PikMyKid for three processes. The app can be downloaded from your phone's app store.
- Daily morning health screening that parents will fill out each morning for F2F students prior to their arrival at the building.
- All dismissal changes will now go through this app. Emails to teachers and phone calls to main office will no longer be used to change mode of dismissal for students.
- Automate carpool line notification to teacher’s classrooms to keep a steady flow of car pool dismissal as well as bus notifications for late buses.