Transportation and Arrival / Dismissal
Important Face to Face Steps to Complete:
**All students returning Face to Face must be loaded into PikMyKid and are done so by filling out the form linked below.
2) Download and register for PikMyKid (see below for further instructions). This is for ALL students regardless of transportation mode to and from school.
**** See the PikmyKid page for important information
3) Download and register for Here Comes the Bus (for tracking bus information in real time). This is for students who will be riding the bus. NOTE: This app is fully managed by APS Transportation.
BUS ROUTES - Can be viewed HERE
While the decision about when to reopen school buildings rests solely with APS, MES has some autonomy with what the implementation will look like at our school.
Key Transportation Protocols
- Temperature screenings conducted with touchless thermometers before each child and adult enters the school building
- Bus Riders - See bus numbers and bus routes HERE
- Everyone on the bus will be required to wear a mask but there should not be an expectation for social distancing on the bus.
- Students may only ride their bus home to their assigned stops.
- Carpoolers will not have their doors opened by school staff in the carpool lane
We will be utilizing a new app called PikMyKid for three processes. The app can be downloaded from your phone's app store.
- Daily morning health screening that parents will fill out each morning for F2F students prior to their arrival at the building.
- All dismissal changes will now go through this app. Emails to teachers and phone calls to main office will no longer be used to change mode of dismissal for students.
- Automate carpool line notification to teacher’s classrooms to keep a steady flow of car pool dismissal as well as bus notifications for late buses.
Click HERE for step by step instructions for PikMyKid