Students / Staff Who Present Symptoms of COVID-19
Morningside has developed a proactive plan for when a student or staff member exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 during the arrival health screening or during the school day.
- Staff or students that present with symptoms of communicable disease during health screenings or during the school day will be evaluated by our school nurse for further follow up.
- If symptoms are confirmed, symptomatic individuals will be escorted to a designated area called our CARE (Isolation) room.
- Parents will be contacted for immediate pickup and provided further guidance by the school nurse. It is essential that pick-up take place as quickly as possible, and is immediate. At that time, the parent will take the student home or to a health-care facility.
- MES will ensure COVID-19 symptomatic students safely remain under the supervision of a trained staff member until parents or guardians arrive.
- All individual student or staff names will be confidentially logged, including symptoms and reason for isolation