Specials and Super Specials
We will continue to offer special non-core classes for our students as we focus on developing the whole child. We will offer PE, Art, and Music for all children. As a part of our prevention and mitigation strategy, we may add additional special classes at some grades so that we keep cohorts from mixing together. We may possibly add library, spanish, technology or another enrichment area to the specials rotation to keep our cohorts as small as possible, and together.
- In kindergarten, 2nd grade and 3rd grade we may add one additional class to the specials rotation
- In 1st grade, we may add 2 additional classes to the specials rotation
- In 4th and 5th grades, it may not be necessary to add additional special classes
- During the first two weeks after opening for in-person learning, special area classes will be held in the homeroom classroom. Students will not travel to other locations in the building. This will be reassessed after the first two weeks of school.
- As much as possible, PE will be held outside on the field diagonal to our property, at the corner of Virginia Avenue and Ponce De Leon Place NE. This is a fenced area that is an official part of the MES@Inman property
- At the reopening time, we will consult with health authorities and our school system on the current status of offering band, orchestra or chorus