Disinfecting COVID Exposed Areas
CDC recommends cleaning and disinfecting the school building thoroughly by:
- Closing off areas used by the person with COVID-19 for a significant amount of time
- Waiting as long as practical before beginning cleaning and disinfection to minimize potential for exposure
- Open outside doors and windows if possible to increase circulation in the area
- If possible, wait up to 24 hours before beginning cleaning and disinfection
- Cleaning and disinfecting all areas used by the person with covid-19, focusing especially on frequently touched surfaces
MES Administrators will work with APS and local health officials to determine if temporarily closing an area of the school is necessary.