Variety Show & Art Exhibit
The MES Variety Show and Art Show is Morningside’s annual performing arts spectacular sponsored by the PTA. The 2019-2020 show will be the 29th year of this event! Along with the performance, an MES Art Exhibit is featured at the venue. This year, the show will once again be directed by the creative and fun-loving Coach Aly Nussear.
In the past, the Variety Show has included a large assortment of act types. Some examples are instrumental performances, gymnastics, acting skits, creative dance, comedy, etc. We welcome creativity!
For the Art Exhibit, all MES students are welcome to submit any piece of artwork.
2020 Theme: 20/20 Vision: Seeing is Believing
- Art Exhibit: February 23, 2020 at 1:30pm
- Variety Show: February 23, 2020 at 2:00pm
Ferst Center for the Arts, Georgia Tech 349 Ferst Dr NW, Atlanta, GA 30332
- Audition Sign Up & Art Show Registration Opens: December 2nd
- Last day to sign up for Auditions: December 20th
- Audition Day: TBD - most likely the week of January 6th or 13th)
- Deadline to sign up for Art Exhibit: February 3rd
- Dress Rehearsal at Georgia TechFerst Center: Sunday, February 9th (Mandatory for Variety Show Participants. Art Show participants do not need to attend.)
- Artwork to be turned into front office: February 10th- February 14th
- Variety Show and Art Exhibit at Ferst Center February: 23, 2020
How to be a part of the Variety Show…
- Students who would like to participate in the Variety performance portion of the show should complete the Online Audition Form during the registration window, December 2nd-20th.The online form will be available here and in the Digital Dolphin.
- Auditions for the Variety Show will be held during the school day.Parents are welcome to attend their child’s audition. Parents will receive an email letting them know if their child’s act was selected for the show.
- All students who audition for the show are invited and encouraged to participate in the Halftime Show.The Halftime Show is a large, energetic group number with fun choreography suited for a range of performance abilities.
How to be a part of the Art Exhibit…
- Students who would like to have a piece of artwork displayed in the Art Exhibit should complete the Online Registration Form between Dec 2nd – February 3rd.
- Artwork is due to the front office by between February 10th-February 14th.
- The Art Exhibit will be set up in the front atrium of the Ferst Center at Georgia Tech on February 23, 2020.
- Doors will open to the Art Exhibit at 1:30.
- Tickets are not required to attend the Art Exhibit but are required to enter the auditorium for the Variety Show portion of the show.
- All artwork mediums and themes are welcome to be displayed.
Variety Show Committee
Are you interested in helping with the show? We’d love help making the show a success. If you are available and interested, please attend our meetings. If you can’t attend meetings, but would like to be involved, please sign up via Membership Toolkit or email Kelli Hadfield or Ginger Pursley.
Please be aware that volunteering on the Variety Show Committee will in no way affect your child’s acceptance into the show. Acts are chosen by a judging committee made up of teachers, a Student Council representative, a PTA representative/s, and a former committee chair. The volunteer committee is in no way involved with the selection process.
Committee Meeting Dates:
All meetings will be in the Media Center at the main MES Campus at 8:05 am.
- September 13
- October 18
- November 15
- December 6
- January 10
- January 24
- February 7
- February 21