Risk Mitigation at Carpool
A designated and trained screener will take the temperature and screen each student and staff member before entry into the building. They will use a handheld touchless temperature device. These screeners will also ensure social distancing and mask wearing of all students as they enter the building.
- Temperature will be taken as soon as the student enters the building to minimize contact with any other students/staff
- Fever is determined by a measured temperature of greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees
- Individuals waiting to be screened stand 6 feet apart
- Staff taking temp to wear PPE - which includes a mask
- Touchless thermometer will be used
- Proper hand hygiene of staff person taking the temp
- We do not recommend carpooling with other families
- Wear masks in car to expedite dropoff
Carpool at MES
Please note: MES Staff will not be opening car doors as a part of our risk reduction protocols. Please work with your student on opening the car door from the inside (for the morning) and from the outside (for the afternoon). We ask that parents remain inside of the vehicles.
YOU WILL NEED YOUR PIKMYKID APP OPEN WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR HOUSE TO PICKUP IN AFTERNOON!!
- Make a RIGHT turn only from Virginia Avenue into parking lot
- Remain in your car
- Have your student open car doors from the inside of the car (morning) and outside of the car (afternoon)
- Line queues on Virginia Avenue back toward North Highland and runs through the front parking lot at MES@Inman
- Right turn ONLY out of the MES@Inman parking lot
- Health screen students prior to leaving home
- Say goodbye & have students ready to exit the car before reaching the drop-off area.
- Be a good role model by following carpool rules and being courteous & cautious of others.
- Enter carpool lane by making a left turn
- Drop students off on Virginia Avenue
- Use your cellphone in the carpool, for everyone’s safety.